Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 24TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God…knows everything." 1 John 3:20, NIV
Bottom Line: God knows what’s best for me.
This week: The prophet Elisha told Naaman to wash in the Jordan River to heal his skin.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Red circle stickers.
- Before the Activity: Gather in an open area of your room and give the child a few red circle stickers.
- During the Activity: Encourage the child to stick their stickers on your arms or legs as boo-boos! Remind the child to only place the stickers on your arms or legs. Replace the toys at the end of the line and continue as long as there is interest.
- After the Activity: Introduce today’s story about a man named Naaman who had boo-boos all over his body.
- Before the Activity: “Friend, gather around me. I have some red circle stickers. They look like boo-boos! I’m going to give you a few stickers.”
- During the Activity: “I’ll stand right here. When I count to seven, I want you to come stick your stickers on my arms or legs. Where do we put the stickers? (Pause.) Yes, arms and legs only! Ready? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven! (Pause.) Whoa! Look at all these boo-boos.”
- After the Activity: “In our Bible story today, we’ll hear about a man named Naaman who had boo-boos all over his body! Let’s go find out what happened.”
- Bath Time
- Add a toy person to bath time. Ask your child to pretend the toy is Naaman and count as they dip Naaman into the water seven times. Talk about how God knew what was best for Naaman. So, when Naaman did what God said and dipped into the water seven times, Naaman's boo-boos went away!
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “Make the Most of Mornings” by Sarah Anderson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.