Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 17TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God…knows everything." 1 John 3:20, NIV
Bottom Line: God knows what’s best for me.
This week: Jonah goes God's way and tells the people in Ninevah about God after Jonah goes his own way and is swallowed by a big fish.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Painter’s tape and basket of toys
- Before the Activity: Tape two lines on the floor and put one toy at the end of each line. Put the basket of toys just beyond the end of the lines.
- During the Activity: Encourage the child to follow the line they choose to the toy, pick up the toy, and put it in the basket. Replace the toys at the end of the line and continue as long as there is interest.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story and how Jonah had a choice to make.
- Before the Activity: “Look at these two tape paths on the floor. One has a [toy’s name] at the end. One has a [toy’s name].”
- During the Activity: “Which path do you want to follow, this one or that one? (Point to choices.) Great choice! You chose the path with the [toy’s name]. Follow the path to the [toy’s name] and put it in the basket.” (Continue, replacing the toys each time.)
- After the Activity: “You chose which path to follow while we were playing today. In today’s Bible story, a man named Jonah has to choose which path he will take.”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, say, "God knows what's best for [name of person]." Each time you say it, take turns choosing a different person's name. When you get home, end by saying, "God knows what's best for everyone!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “Make the Most of Mornings” by Sarah Anderson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.