Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 10TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God…knows everything." 1 John 3:20, NIV
Bottom Line: God knows what’s best for me.
This week: Moses leads God's people to trust what God says, and God makes a path through the Red Sea for the Israelites to walk on.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Blue crepe paper streamers or two blue scarfs.
- Before the Activity: If using streamers, tear into 24-inch lengths.
- During the Activity: Give the child two scarves or streamers and ask them to hold them by one end straight in front of them. Demonstrate. Show the child how to move their arms wide then bring them back together. Repeat as desired.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! Join me over here and grab two [scarves/streamers].”
- During the Activity: “Watch. (Wave the scarves or streamers around.) What do these scarves look like to you? They remind me of water—the way it moves back and forth. Everyone hold your scarves out in front of you like this. (Demonstrate.) Wiggle them around. Great! Right now, the water is together or closed. But what if we did this? (Stretch arms out wide to your side.) The waters opened, didn’t they? When I say, ‘Close,’ bring them together. When I say, ‘Open,’ pull them apart. Ready? And open! (Pause.) Wiggle them around. And close! (Pause.) Wiggle them again. Great job! (Repeat as desired.) That was a lot of fun, pretending to move the water around.”
- After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear a story about how God helps His people get through the water. I can’t wait to hear it!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, You know everything. You love us, and You always tell the truth. [Name of child] and I can always trust what You say."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “Make the Most of Mornings” by Sarah Anderson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.