Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 27TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God saw everything he had made. And it was very good." Genesis 1:31, NIrV
Bottom Line: God made everything.
This week: God creates land animals and people on day six, and then God rests on day seven.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: No supplies needed
- Before the Activity: Gather the child to stand in front of you.
- During the Activity: Challenge the child to move like different people: firefighter, baby, mom at the grocery store, bus driver, dancer, runner, rock climber, etc.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Join me over here. We’re going to move like the person I call out, so listen closely.”
- During the Activity: “Move like a firefighter! Carry the firehose and put out the fire! (Demonstrate.) Awesome! Move like a baby. How do babies move? They crawl! Can you crawl like a baby? (Pause.) Now let’s move like a mommy at the grocery store. Push the cart! (Demonstrate.) Great job! What about a bus driver? Drive the bus. (Pause.) Move like a dancer! (Pause.) Wow! You are a great dancer! Let’s move like runners! Run, run, run! (Continue as desired.) Nice job! That was a lot of fun, moving like lots of different people.”
- After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear about God’s most special creation—people! I can’t wait to hear all about it.”
- Bath Time
- Have a hand mirror nearby during bath time. Put shampoo in your child's hair and encourage them to make silly hair styles with it. Let your child look at their hair in the mirror. Talk about how God saw everything He had made, and it was very good.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “How to Influence Your Kid At Every Phase”( by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.