During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
AUGUST 16 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” –Psalm 139:14, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me.
This week: God loved the world so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to be our friend forever. John 3:16
Core Insight: IMAGE
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, crayons or markers
- DO: Copy the Activity Page and allow your child to cut the puzzle pieces apart
- SAY: “Come sit with me. I have something special to give you. This is your very own Bible story puzzle. Let’s put our puzzle together while we talk about today’s Bible story. Look for this piece. (Hold up the GOD piece.) It has the letters G-O-D on it. G-O-D spells God! Our story was about how much God loves you and ME! Now, look for this piece. (Hold up the ME piece.) It has the letters M-E on it. M-E spells me! Put the ME piece by the GOD piece. There! All we need now is the last piece of our puzzle. Look for this piece. (Hold up the JESUS piece.) This is Jesus! God loves you and me so much that He gave us Jesus to be our friend forever. Put the Jesus piece with your puzzle. What shape does your puzzle make? (Pause.) Yes! It makes a heart! You can use this puzzle to tell others how God loves them so much that He gave them Jesus to be their friend forever! God made you, and that makes you very, very special to Him. So when I ask, ‘Who made you?’, I want you to say, [Bottom Line] ‘God made me!’ Got it? Who made you? [Bottom Line]God made me!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, "Dear God, thank You for loving us SO much that You sent Your Son, Jesus, to be our friend forever. We love You, God. In Jesus' name, amen."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "HELPING KIDS COME ALIVE" by Mike Tiemann
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.