Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 13TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God saw everything he had made. And it was very good." Genesis 1:31, NIrV
Bottom Line: God made everything.
This week: God creates land, plants, and seas on day three and the sun, moon, and stars on day four.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: “Creation Run” Activity Pages and cardstock and painters tape
- Before the Activity: Place the Creation Run Images on the floor around the room and secure with blue painter’s tape.
- During the Activity: Call out something God created and encourage the child to run to that color of paper. Repeat as desired.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! I’m so happy to see you and learn more about the things that God created.”
- During the Activity: “: “There are different pictures on the floor around the room. I will call out the different things God created and you will run to them. Are you ready? Run to the sea! (Pause.) Good job! You ran to the seas! Now I want you to run to the sun! (Pause.) Yay! You ran to the sun! (Continue with each plants and trees, land, stars, and moon.) That was so much fun!”
- After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear a story about the things God made on days three and four. I wonder if we’ll hear about land, plants, seas, sun, moon, and stars! Let’s go find out!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, it's amazing to look up in the sky and think about how You made the sun to shine during the day and the moon and stars to shine at night. Wow! Only You can do that! I pray every time we see the sun, moon and stars, we will remember how powerful and creative and good You are."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “How to Influence Your Kid At Every Phase”( by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.