Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JULY 30TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us." Ephesians 5:2, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Jesus is getting Heaven ready for His friends, where there will be no more sadness, sickness or pain.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Preschool doctor kits and several plush friends.
- DO: Before the Activity: Place the doctor kits and plush friends on a table. During the Activity: Encourage the children to use the doctor kits to make their plush friends feel better. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll hear about a special place where there will be no boo-boos or sickness.
- Say: Before the Activity: ““Friend, let’s pretend to be doctors.” (Hold up doctor kits.) During the Activity: “I see that our plush friends might not be feeling well. Let’s be good doctors and help them feel better! (Pause.) Did you help all our plush friends? (Pause.) Great job! You are all awesome doctors! It’s no fun when we get boo-boos or feel yucky.” (Repeat as desired.)
After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear a story about a place where there are no more sickies or boo-boos. It sounds like an amazing place. I can’t wait to hear about it!”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Look out the window at the sun, trees, birds... Jesus made all of that, and now He's making a place where we will be with Him forever."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.