Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JULY 24th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.'" John 14:6, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus can help me do everything.
This week: Jesus is gentle and tells the disciples to let the children come to Him.Mark 10:13-16
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, scissors & glue
- DO: Encourage children to glue the picture of the Biblical children next to Jesus.
- SAY: “Today, we heard about a time Jesus was teaching and lots of people wanted to see Him. Many parents wanted their children to be close to Jesus, but the disciples wouldn’t let them get close. There’s Jesus on your paper. But where are the children? (Hold up the pictures of the children.) Here they are! Glue the children close to Jesus. (Pause.) Great job! Now you can use the crayons to color them. When Jesus heard the disciples tell the children to go away, He gently said ‘Let the little children come to me!’ Jesus let the children come right up front. He hugged them and was kind and talked to them. Jesus was being gentle, and Jesus wants to help us be gentle, too. Jesus can help us choose to be gentle! Jesus can help us do everything. Who can help you do everything? [Bottom Line] Jesus can help me do everything.”
- BATH TIME
- Make bubbles during bath time (with bubble bath or by blowing bubbles). Tell your child you're both going to practice being gentle and see if you can pick up bubbles without popping them.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Foster a Strong Sibling Relationship” by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.