Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JUNE 26th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13, NLT
Bottom Line: Jesus can help me do everything.
This week: Simeon gets to see baby Jesus after being patient and waiting a long time. Luke 2:22-39
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, glue stickes, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage children to color and glue the Mary, Joseph, and Jesus cutouts to their paper.
- SAY: “On your paper, you can see Simeon at the Temple, but the special person wasn’t there yet. Do you remember the special person whom God was sending? (Pause.) That’s right! God was sending His Son, Jesus! Let’s add Joseph to your picture. Glue him on. (Pause.) Great! Now add Mary. (Pause.) And here comes the very special person! Yay! Jesus is here! Glue Baby Jesus to Mary’s arms. (Pause.) Super-duper! God’s Son, Jesus, was finally here, and He came to be our friend forever. And when Jesus is our friend, He helps us choose to be patient. Jesus can help us do everything. Who can help you do everything? [Bottom Line] Jesus can help me do everything.”
- BATH TIME
- Add a baby doll (or plastic nativity scene) to bath time for your child to bathe (play with). Talk about how Simeon waited a long time to see baby Jesus. Simeon chose patience and trusted God.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Set Your Family Values” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.