Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
MAY 28th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“We have the Lord our God to help us.” 2 Chronicles 32:8, NLT
Bottom Line: God made me to help others.
This week: Rebekah looks for a way to help and gives water to a man and all of his camels.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Preschool-safe tea set and a large blanket
- DO: Before the Activity: : Lay the blanket in the activity area. Place the tea set on the blanket. During the Activity: Invite the child to sit on the blanket with you. Ask the child if they would like to have some pretend tea, then serve the child. Allow the child to serve you and have a tea party. After the Activity: Talk about how there is a woman who gives a man and his camels a drink of water in today’s Bible story.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! Come sit on the blanket with me.” During the Activity: “Let’s have a tea party! I want to make sure everyone has a drink. Will you help me pour the tea? We can take turns pouring the tea for each other. (Pause.) That was yummy tea! It’s nice to have a drink when you’re thirsty. Let’s keep playing!” After the Activity: “Today in our Bible story, we’ll hear about a woman who helped get water for a man and his camels.”
- Bath Time
- Add bubbles and toys to bath time. Tell your child to close their eyes. Drop the toys in the water. Next, tell your child to open their eyes and LOOK for the toys. (Repeat the game.) At the end of bath time, talk about how God made us to LOOK for ways we can help. When we LOOK, we will always find ways to help.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:“Let Your Kids See Your Faith” by Tim Walker
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.