During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
AUGUST 8th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Great is our Lord and mighty in power.” Psalm 147:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God is powerful.
This week: God parts a sea and creates a dry path for Moses and the people to walk across. Exodus 13:17-18; 14
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons, scissors & sharpie
- DO:Encourage children to color their pape. Show children how to put the puppet on their fingers and make Moses walk through the sea.
- SAY: ““Today in our Bible Story, we heard about something only God and His big power could do. He split the sea in two! Let’s make a Moses and the sea craft. This is a picture of when God told Moses to hold his staff out over the water and God split the water in two and made a dry path down the middle. Color the dry path, then color the water part and add some fish stickers. (Pause.) Nice! Now slide these two fingers through the holes in your Moses puppet like this. (Demonstrate.) Now you can walk Moses through the dry path. (Pause.) Awesome! After Moses led the people out of Egypt and into the desert, they were stuck between the water and Pharaoh’s soldiers. But Moses reminded them that God is powerful and He would tell them what to do. And He did! God told Moses to hold his staff over the water then God split the water in two and made a dry path down the middle for the people to walk to the other side. God is awesome and powerful! Who is powerful? [Bottom Line] God is powerful.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray, “Thank You for [child’s name], and thank You for being so awesome. Your power is amazing!”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"8 Confidence-Building Truths Every Kid Should Hear from Their Parent" by Lauren Terrell
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.