During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JULY 4th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart.” Proverbs 3:5, NIV
Bottom Line: I can trust God.
This week:God shows that He is always with us when He is with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fire. Daniel 3:1-28
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, paper plate, red/yellow/orange crayons, scissors, glue & sharpie
- DO: Write “I can trust God” on the bottom half of the paper plate with your sharpie. Encourage the children to color “fire” all over the plate. Cut the activity and glue the men in the “fire.”
- SAY: “
- In our Bible story, we heard God is always with us. God sent an angel to keep Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego safe in the furnace. Let’s make a picture of the furnace. Add add some color to your plate to make it look like the furnace. (Pause.) This is the fire in the furnace. Now glue this picture in the middle of your plate. Who do you see in the picture? Yes, it’s Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego, and the angel. (Pause.) Great job! There they are, safe in the fire. King Nebuchadnezzar thought he was a great king and built a huge statue. He wanted everyone to bow down to it when music played. But Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were friends of God, and they knew that they should not bow down to anyone other than the one true God. The king got mad and threw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the fire. They weren’t alone. There was a fourth person in the fire with them. God sent an angel to keep them safe. When the king saw they were not hurt, he called them out of the fire. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego trusted God. God was with them and saved them. We can trust that God is with us. Who can trust God? [Bottom Line] I can trust God.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! Raise both hands high in the air if you're ready to make it a great day!" Raise both of your hands and then say, "Whatever happens today, we know we can trust God, right? Right!" Give your child a fist bump or a high five.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Advice for New Dads (From Your Future Self)" by Dave Adamson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.