During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JUNE 20thPRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“I trust in God, I am not afraid.” Psalm 56:11, NIrV
Bottom Line: I can trust God.
This week: God uses Gideon to do big things, even though he and his army are small.
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, craft sticks, yellow/orange/red crayons or markers, brown crayons or markers, scissors, and glue.
- DO: Encourage the children to fill the flames with the red, yellow and orange markers or crayons. Color the jar with brown crayons or markers. Glue the craft stick to the back of the torch. Help the children to attach the jar pieces to each side of the torch.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a Bible story about Gideon and his super-small army and how they trusted God. Color the flame of your torch red, yellow, and orange. (Pause.) Great! Now color the jar brown. (Pause.) Glue your craft stick to the torch. (Pause.) Now we’ll cover your torch with the jar. (Pause.) We’ll use your craft as we review our Bible story. Today in our Bible story, God told Gideon to take his small army and fight the really big Midianite army. Gideon didn’t think he should be the one to lead God’s army, but he trusted God and did what He told him to do. Gideon told each soldier to take a trumpet, a torch, and a jar and follow him. They snuck into the Midianite camp. When Gideon told them to, they blew their trumpets, broke their jars, and yellowed ‘For the Lord, and for Gideon!’ Friends, break your jars to show your torch. (Pause.) Now with your torches held high say, ‘For the Lord, and for Gideon!’ (Repeat.) The Midianites ran away, and God’s army won! Gideon’s small army beat the big Midianite big army. You are never too small to trust God. You can trust God, and I can trust God. Who can you trust? [Bottom Line] I can trust God.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, "Dear God, thank You for loving us and using us in Your plan. It doesn't matter how big or small we are. It's all about You and what You can do. And You can use [name of child] and me, no matter what. You are awesome, God, and we love You. In Jesus' name, amen."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Parents And Grandparents Can Work Together In Parenthood" a Parent Cue Podcast
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.