During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JUNE 13th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“I trust in God, I am not afraid.” Psalm 56:11, NIrV
Bottom Line: I can trust God.
This week: Joshua trusts God's plan and obeys, even though it does not make sense to him.
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages & crayons
- DO:Say the memory verse together and invite the children to place smiley face stickers on the activity page.
- SAY: “Let’s say our memory verse together. ‘I can trust in God. I am not afraid.’ That’s what is written on your paper. This time when we say the memory verse and I going to ask you to take turns and draw smiley faces on the page. Ready? ‘I (pause) can (pause) trust (pause) in (pause) God. (Pause.) I (pause) am (pause) not (pause) afraid. (Pause.) Great job! We can trust God’s plan for us, even if we don’t understand. Who can trust God? [Bottom Line] I can trust God.”
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, take turns saying the two sentences of the memory verse. For example, you say, "I trust in God." And your child says, "I am not afraid." And then you both say, "Psalm 56:11." Now switch and say it all again! Talk about how every person feels afraid sometimes, but when we trust God, we don't have to stay afraid.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Parents And Grandparents Can Work Together In Parenthood" a Parent Cue Podcast
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.