During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
APRIL 11th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: "Jesus makes breakfast for His friends, the disciples, so they can see that He is alive.” John 21:1-14
Core Insight: RESTORATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, dessert plates; craft sticks, tape, crayons, scissors, glue sticks, and sharpie
- DO: Encourage children to glue the end of the craft stick to the back of their plate as a handle. Put a piece or two of masking tape to help hold it to the plate. Flip the plate over and glue 2 fish to the plate. Write the Bible Verse on the stick.
- SAY: “Today we heard a story about Jesus and His friends, the disciples, having breakfast on the beach! Let’s make a frying pan to cook up some fish. Turn your plate over and glue your craft stick to the back of your plate. (Pause.) Add some tape to help it stick to the plate. (Pause.) Great! Flip it back over and glue some fish to your plate. (Pause.) Now let’s add the Bible Verse to your stick. Look at that! You’re ready to fry fish for breakfast on the beach! In our Bible story, when Jesus came back, He went to see His friends so He could spend time with them. The friends were out in the boat fishing when they saw Jesus standing on the shore. They were so excited to see Jesus that one of them jumped out of the boat and swam to shore! When all of the friends got to shore, Jesus was cooking breakfast for them. They all sat together, ate breakfast, and spent time together. Jesus loved His friends so much and wanted to show them that He would always be their friend, forever and ever. Jesus loves you and wants to be your friend forever, too! Who wants to be your friend forever? [Bottom Line] Jesus wants to be my friend forever.””
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, talk about how Jesus did special things for His friends, the disciples, like make them breakfast on a beach. Next, talk about things you both can do to be a good friend. Jesus wants to be our friend forever and He wants us to be a good friend, too.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"It’s Not Just You: Making Other Adult Friends Is Hard" with Hanna Gilland
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.