During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
APRIL 4th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: “People hurt Jesus so bad that He dies, but on the third day, Jesus comes back, just like He said.” Matthew 26:20-30; 27:45-50; 28:1-7
Core Insight: RESTORATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, stickers, crepe paper, scissors, glue sticks, and sharpie
- DO: Encourage children to decorate their kites with crayons and stickers. Add the Jesus sticker to the kite then have children glue the streamers to the tail of their kite.
- SAY: "Hello, friends! Today is Easter! It’s a very special day! Our Bible story tells about God’s love for us. God’s love for us is higher than the highest mountain—higher than a kite can fly. God’s love is bigger and wider than we can even hold. God’s love goes deeper than the deepest ocean. Let’s make a kite! Use the crayons and stickers to decorate your kite any way you want. (Pause.) Super-duper! Now add Jesus to your kite. (Pause.) Great! Now all we need to do is add the tails to the kite. Glue the streamers to the bottom point of the kite. (Pause.) Now you have a super special kite. One night, Jesus was having dinner with his very best friends. He told them He had to go away but that He would come back. After dinner, Jesus went to the garden to pray, and some angry people came and took Him away. They hurt Jesus, and He died. Jesus’ friends were so sad. They put Jesus’ body in a tomb with a big stone in front of it. Three sad days went by. On the third day, when some of Jesus’ friends went to the tomb, they saw that the big stone had been rolled away. Jesus was not there. Jesus had come back, just like He said He would. Jesus is alive! Be happy today because it’s Easter and Jesus is alive, and He wants to be our friend forever! Who wants to be your friend forever? [Bottom Line] Jesus wants to be my friend forever.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! We have SO much to celebrate because Jesus is alive and He wants to be our friend forever!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"It’s Not Just You: Making Other Adult Friends Is Hard" with Hanna Gilland
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.