During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
MARCH 27TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"'Come and follow me,' Jesus said." Matthew 4:19, NIrV
Bottom Line: Everyone can be friends with Jesus.
This week: Jesus feeds thousands of hungry people with just five loaves of bread and two fish. Mark 6:31-44
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage your children to color in the fish and loaves of bread while you review the Bible story.
- SAY: “Today in our story, we learned that Jesus fed a lot of hungry people with only two fish and five loaves of bread. Isn’t that amazing? See the fish on your paper? (Pause.) Let’s color the fish! (Pause.) Great! Now, let’s color the loaves of bread. (Pause.) Good job! In our story, we heard how Jesus took the five loaves of bread and two fish and fed five thousand people who were listening to Him talk. Jesus and His friends, the disciples, had been working really hard and were ready to rest. But they were met with lots and lots of people who wanted to hear Jesus teach. So, Jesus taught for a long time, and everyone got hungry. Jesus had the disciples go into the crowd to find what food they could. They came back with two fish and five loaves of bread. Jesus prayed over it and it fed all of those people. There was even food left over! Jesus made sure that everyone had food to eat because Jesus is a good friend to everyone. Who can be friends with Jesus? [Bottom Line] Everyone can be friends with Jesus.”
- BATH TIME
- Add toy food items to bath time for your child to play with. Talk about how Jesus fed thousands of hungry people with just five loaves of bread and two fish!
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Five Boundaries to Put in Place for Your Kids’ New Technology" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.