During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
FEBRUARY 14th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17, NIV
Bottom Line: JESUS LOVES ME
This week: Jesus visits His friends, Mary and Martha, because He wants to spend time with them. Luke 10:33-42
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Encourage children to glue Jesus between Mary and Martha then add hearts to the page. Talk about how Jesus wants to spend time with you and me.
- SAY: “Today in our story, we heard how two sisters, Mary and Martha, had a special friend come to visit. Jesus was the special friend who came to visit with Mary and Martha. On your paper, I see Mary sitting on one side and Martha holding a broom on the other side. Glue Jesus in the middle of the sisters. (Pause.) Great job! Jesus loves you and me and wants to spend time with us. Draw hearts all over your paper. (Pause.) Terrific. Both sisters were very excited that Jesus was coming to visit, but Martha was busy with cooking and cleaning while Mary sat and talked with Jesus. This made Martha upset, but Jesus told Martha that spending time with Him was the best thing to do. Jesus doesn’t need everything to be just right. Jesus loves us, no matter what, and wants to spend time with us.Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me.”
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, take turns naming places that you can spend time with Jesus. Any place you name is correct, because we can spend time with Jesus anywhere! How many places can you name?
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Discovering Your Child’s Love Language" with Gary Chapman
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.