During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
DECEMBER 6TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son.
This week: An angel visits Mary and tells her she will have God's Son, Jesus. Luke 1:26-33, 38, 46-49
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Give each child a “Story Page.” As you review the Bible story, give each child a “Mary Sticker” to glue inside the rectangle outline on their story page. Next, give them an “Angel Sticker” to glue inside the circle outline on their story page.
- SAY: “Our Bible story today was about the true story of Christmas! (Hold up Bible.) “The story began with a girl named Mary. (Give your child a ‘Mary Sticker’ and assist them in gluing it in the rectangle spot on their page.) “One day, an angel came to see Mary. (Give each child an ‘Angel Sticker’ and assist them in gluing it in the circle spot on their page.) The angel told Mary she would have a special baby named Jesus. Jesus is special because [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son! Hold up your story page like this. (Demonstrate.) Now tell me, Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son!”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, have a gift bow stuck to your head or forehead. Smile at your child and say, "Merry Christmas!" When they notice the gift bow, laugh together and say, "I'm just having fun! I love this time of year because celebrating Jesus' birthday is awesome!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"20 Things We Learned in 2020" by Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.