During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
DECEMBER 27TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son.
This week: Wise men follow a special star to find Jesus so they can worship Him. Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, paper plate, Christmas stickers, glue and scissors
- DO:Encourage children to decorate their “cookies” and paper plate with crayons and/or Christmas stickers. Talk about each cookie as they add it to their plate. Show them how to glue their cookies onto the plate.
- SAY: “Who loves Christmas cookies? (Pause.) Me, too! Let’s make a plate of special Christmas cookies. Let’s start by decorating your plate with some fun Christmas stickers. (Pause.) Great job! Here’s a cookie. It has a picture of an angel on it. The very first part of the Christmas story is when the angel came to Mary and told her that she would have a baby named Jesus. He was special because Jesus is God’s Son. Add that cookie to your plate. Here’s another cookie. This one has a picture of a baby. It’s Baby Jesus! Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem and had to stay in the stable with the animals. This was the night Jesus, God’s Son, was born. Add that cookie to your plate. (Pause.) This cookie has a candy cane on it. This was the story when the angel told the shepherds that Baby Jesus was born. Then the sky filled with angels who proclaimed, ‘Glory to God in the highest!’ The shepherds went to see Baby Jesus and knew how special He was. They wanted to tell everyone about Baby Jesus. Add this one to your plate. (Pause.) This last cookie has a star on it. In our story, God put a star in the sky, and the wise men saw it and knew they needed to follow it to find God’s Son. When they got there, they bowed down and worshipped him and gave him presents. Add this last cookie to your plate. (Pause.) Super job! Look at your plate of Christmas cookies. They tell the Christmas Story. Jesus is special because Jesus is God’s Son. We can remember how special Jesus is every day, not just on Christmas. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son.”
- Bath Time
- Use bath crayons to draw different colors of stars on the tub. Ask your child to point to the color of star you call. “Point to the blue star. Now, point to the red star...” After naming all the colors of stars, talk about how God made a special star for the wise men to follow so they could find Jesus. The wise men knew Jesus is special because Jesus is God’s Son.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"10 Affirmations for the Worried Parent" by Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.