Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
DECEMBER 25th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son
This week: Wise men follow a special star to Jesus. When they see Jesus, they worship Him and give Him gifts. Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers, and scissors
- DO: Encourage the children to look at all their pictures and match the picture to its shadow. Repeat as many times as desired.
- SAY: “On your paper, there are shadows of pictures from the true story of Christmas. Do you think you can figure out what each picture is just by looking at its shape? (Pause.) Some of the shapes are easy to recognize, but I have something that will help! I have pictures that you can use to match to the shadows. See if you can find the right matches for each shadow. (Pause.) You did it! Great job! Tell me what the pictures are. (Pause.) That’s right! There is an angel, a present, a star, a heart, and Baby Jesus. Who do we celebrate on Christmas? (Pause.) Yes! JESUS! ‘God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son,’ John 3:16. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son!”
- BATH TIME
- Play Christmas praise music during bath time. Encourage your child to sing along with you. Talk about how singing is one way we worship Jesus. When the wise men saw Jesus, they bowed down and worshipped Him. We worship Jesus because Jesus is God's Son.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.