Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
DECEMBER 18th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son
This week: An angel tells shepherds the good news that Jesus has been born, and the shepherds hurry to go see Him. Luke 2:8-22
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage the children to find all of the sheep and circle them. Pick a different color crayon and have children find and circle all of the shepherds. Pick a new color and have children find and circle all of the angels. Pick a different color and have children find and circle the most special thing, Baby Jesus, on their paper.
- SAY: “Come sit at the table with me. On your paper, there is a picture of something very special. It’s the most special thing, and we need to find it. Pick a crayon and look on your paper. The first thing we’re going to look for is a sheep. When you find a sheep, circle it. (Pause.) Keep looking and circle all the sheep. (Pause.) Great! Now put that crayon down and pick another color. This time, I want you to look for the shepherds. When you find a shepherd, circle him. (Pause.) Keep looking and circle all the shepherds. (Pause.) Put that crayon down and pick another color. This time, I want you to look for the angels. When you find an angel, circle it. (Pause.) Keep looking and circle all of the angels. (Pause.) Great! Now put that crayon down and pick another color. This time, I want you to look for the most special thing on your paper. (Pause.) Did you find it? The most special thing on your paper is Jesus! Circle Baby Jesus when you find Him. (Pause.) Super job! Today, we heard part of the true story of Christmas when the angel told the shepherds that Jesus, God’s Son was born and they needed to find Him. Then the whole sky filled with angels praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest!’ The shepherds ran to find Jesus. Once they saw Him, they knew they needed to go tell EVERYONE that Jesus, God’s Son, was born! Everyone who heard the good news that Jesus had been born was amazed. They knew Jesus is special because Jesus is God’s Son. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son!”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, see how many people you can tell, "Merry Christmas! Jesus is God's Son!" just like the shepherds did when they told everyone that Jesus had been born.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.