Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
NOVEMBER 13th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.” Psalm 107:1, NIV
Bottom Line: God is Good
This week: "God does not let the flour and oil run out for Elijah the widow, and her son. 1 Kings 17:7-16
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers, scissors and glue sticks
- DO: Encourage your child to color their pictures, and then assist them in gluing their story pictures in order as they happened in the Bible story. Talk about how we can thank God for our food because [Bottom Line] God is good.
- SAY: “First, let’s color our story page. Then we’ll put pictures from today’s Bible story on your story page. Our Bible story was about a man named Elijah. (Hold up Elijah.) Find your picture of Elijah like this. Elijah was hungry and needed food. Glue Elijah in the first place on your story page. God told Elijah to go to a woman for food, but the woman and her son didn’t have enough food. (Hold up the widow and son.) Find your picture of the woman and her son like this. Elijah told the woman, ‘Don’t be afraid. Go home and make bread to eat but make bread for me first. God said that your jar of flour and jug of oil will not run out.’ Glue the woman and her son beside Elijah on your story page. The woman did what Elijah said. She took her flour and oil and made bread for Elijah. (Hold up the jar and jug picture.) Find your jar and jug picture like this. And just like God said, the jar of flour and jug of oil did not run out. Every day, there was enough food for Elijah, the woman, and her son (Hold up the Elijah, widow, son, and bread picture.), because God gave them the food they needed. Find your picture of Elijah, the woman, and her son with bread, like this. Now you can glue it in the last space on your story page. Look! You have all the story pictures on your story page. Do you think Elijah, the woman, and her son thanked God for food? (Pause.) I do! We can thank God for food, too, because [Bottom Line] God is good. Who is good? [Bottom Line] God is good!”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, thank You for the food we eat. Thank You for...(name different foods). You are good!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Set Your Family Values” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.