During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
OCTOBER 25th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God is with you wherever you go.” –Joshua 1:9, NLT
Bottom Line: God's got it.
This week:God tells Noah to build a boat, floods the world, and promises to never flood the world again.
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Review the Bible story together and assist the children in gluing their story pictures in the designated area under the umbrella on their page.
- SAY: “Come sit with me. I have something special for us to do together. We’re going to glue Noah’s story pictures under this umbrella!” (Hold up story picture #1.) “I want you to find this story picture. In the Bible story today, God told Noah to build a BIG boat. God wanted to keep Noah, his family, and the animals safe from all of the water that was coming. Glue this story picture in the first box on your page. (Hold up story picture #2.) “Now, find this story picture and hold it up. Noah did what God told him to do, and he built the big boat. Then Noah, his family, and the animals got on the boat. It rained, and it rained, and it rained, but Noah, his family, and the animals were safe on the big boat. Glue this story picture in the next box on your page. (Hold up story picture #3.) “Okay, hold up the last story picture. When God dried up all of the water, Noah, his family, and the animals got off of the boat. They were SO happy! God put a rainbow in the sky to show His promise that He would never cover the world with water again. And God always keeps His promises! Glue this story picture in the last box on your page.” Noah knew that no matter what, [Bottom Line] God’s got it, and we can know that, too. So when I ask you, ‘Who’s got it?’, I want you to say, [Bottom Line] ‘God’s got it.’ Let me hear you. Who’s got it? [Bottom Line] God’s got it! Yay, [Bottom Line] God’s got it!”
- Bath Time
- Add a toy tool set and blocks to bath time. Encourage your child to build with them. Say, "God sent a lot of people to help Nehemiah fix the city wall. God sends people to help us too. Who are some of the people that help us?"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Left Out: How to Help Your Kid Through Heartbreak When They Weren’t Invited" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.