During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
OCTOBER 18th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God is with you wherever you go.” –Joshua 1:9, NLT
Bottom Line: God's got it.
This week: God hears Hagar's son crying in the desert and gives them the water they need.
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Review the Bible story together and assist the children in gluing their story pictures in the designated area under the umbrella on their page.
- SAY: “Come sit with me. I have something special for us to do together. We’re going to glue Hagar’s story pictures under this umbrella!” (Hold up story picture #1.) “I want you to find this story picture. In the Bible story today, a mommy named Hagar and her son were walking in a big, hot desert. They were very tired and thirsty, but they didn’t have any water to drink. Glue this story picture in the first box on your page. (Hold up story picture #2.) “Now, find this story picture and hold it up. Hagar and her son got so tired that they couldn’t walk any further. Hagar laid her son down under a tree and sat down. She didn’t know what to do! How would she get water? Then, an angel told Hagar that God had heard her son’s cry, and he showed her where to get water! Glue this story picture in the next box on your page. (Hold up story picture #3.) “Okay, hold up the last story picture. God heard Hagar and her son, and He gave them the water they needed! Glue this story picture in the last box on your page.” Hagar learned that God hears us and [Bottom Line] God’s got it. God hears you and me, too. And no matter what, [Bottom Line] God’s got it! So when I ask, ‘Who’s got it?’, I want you to say, [Bottom Line] ‘God’s got it.’ Ready? Who’s got it? [Bottom Line] God’s got it! Yay, [Bottom Line] God’s got it!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, "Dear God, Thank You for another wonderful day with (name of child). Help us to keep doing what is right, and no matter what happens, trust that You've got it. You are so big and powerful, God, and You love us A LOT! You're the best, and we love You. In Jesus' name, amen."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How We Talk About Our Kids" by Candice Wynn
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.