Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
OCTOBER 16th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11, NLT
Bottom Line: God has plans for me.
This week: Joseph keeps trusting God's plans even when hard things happen to him. Genesis 37; 39-40
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage children to fill in the arches with multiple colors.
- SAY: “What an amazing story we learned today about trusting God's plans, even when they are hard. Joseph trusted God's plan when they were hard. Let's make a game to help us remember Joseph's journey. This is Joseph. You can move him as he goes on each part of his journey. On our paper is a map of Egypt. It shows the different parts of Joseph's journey. Let's start by going to Joseph's family house with his dad. (Point to the image.) Great! Next, here's Joseph's older brothers! (Point to the image.) They're working in the field. (Pause.) His older brothers were mad and jealous that their dad had given Joseph such a nice coat. So they threw him in a hole. (Point to the image.) Then his brothers sent him far, far away. (Point to the image.) They sent him far away, and he worked for a man named Potiphar. This is Potiphar's house. When Joseph worked for Potiphar, he worked hard and did a good job. But someone said he did something bad that he didn't do and was put in jail. (Point to the image.) Fid the jail. There's one more picture. It's Pharaoh's palace. (Point to the image.) Find the palace. We'll hear more about that part of Joseph's journey next week. God has plans for each of us. We learned today that Joseph's journey was not always an easy one, but Joesph continued to trust God and follow God's plans for him. Remember that just liek Joseph, even when it is hard, God loves you and has plans for you. Who has plans for you? [Bottom Line] God has plans for me."
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, take turns naming things that are hard to do. End by talking about how we can trust God's plans even when they are hard, like Joseph did when he was in Egypt.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Asking for Help Doesn’t Make You a Bad Parent (It Makes You a Better One)” by Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.