Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
OCTOBER 1ST PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid…for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God can help me be brave.
This week: Rahab is brave and helps God's people because she believes God is powerful.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Red items like pom-poms, red crepe paper streamers, blocks, paper, and bandanas; and a basket or container.
- Before the Activity: Spread the red items throughout the room. Place the basket or container in the center of the activity area.
- During the Activity: Invite the child to look for the color red. When the child finds a red item, ask them to pick it up and place it in the basket. Repeat until all red items have been found.
- After the Activity: Introduce the red rope from today’s Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! I have a fun color hunt for us to go on today!”
- During the Activity: “The color we’re looking for is red, this color. (Hold up a red item.) When you find something red, bring it over and place it in the basket. Ready? Great! Let’s go! (Pause.) Terrific! You found a red [item]! Put it in the basket and keep looking for red things! (Repeat as desired.) Wow! You’re great at finding the color red!”
- After the Activity: : “Super-duper friend! Today in our Bible story, we’ll hear about someone who used a red rope to keep her and her family safe. I can’t wait to hear what happens!”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, cuddle them and say: "Good morning, [child's name]! I wonder what brave things God will help us do today."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.