During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JANUARY 24TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Everyone who heard Him was amazed.” Luke 2:47, NIV
Bottom Line: JESUS IS AMAZING
This week: Jesus does the amazing and helps Peter catch so many fish they fill and almost sink two boats. Luke 5:1-10
Core Insight: FAITH
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors and crayons
- DO: Have children color their helmets. Have children hold their helmets up to their faces and act like they are in outer space.
- SAY: “Jesus is out-of-this-world amazing! Who travels around in outer space? (Pause.) That’s right, astronauts! Let’s make our own astronaut helmets. Color your helmet any way you want. (Pause.) Great job! Now, hold it up to your face like this. (Demonstrate.) Let’s pretend to be astronauts and walk around the room. (Demonstrate.) Okay, out-of-this-world daughter/son, come sit with me. All month long, we’ve learned about how out-of-this-world amazing Jesus is. Jesus is God’s Son, Jesus is an amazing teacher, Jesus calmed the storm by telling it to stop, and helped the disciples catch two boats full of fish! [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing. Who is amazing? [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing.”
- Bath Time
- Play sink or float during bath time. Place several different items that either sink or float in a basket. One-by-one, ask your child to guess if the items will sink or float and then let your child put the item in the water to see what they will do. When you're done, talk about how Jesus helped the fishermen catch SO many fish, their boats almost sank! Wow! Jesus is amazing!
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Your Kids May Be Your Everything, But They Can’t Be Your Only Thing" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.