Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 4th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart." Proverbs 3:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God loves me no matter what.
This week: Hannah is very sad about not having a baby so she talks to God about it. 1 Samuel 1:2-20
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, markers, and heart stickers
- DO: Encourage children to color the activity page and to put heart stickers all around the picture of Hannah.
- SAY: “Look, there’s a picture of Hannah on your paper. (Pause.) What is Hannah doing? (Pause.) That’s right, she’s praying. Hannah prayed and talked to God about feeling sad. Let’s add heart stickers (or draw hearts) all around Hannah because God loved Hannah no matter what. What a great job! God loved Hannah even when she was sad. In our story, we heard that Hannah was so, so sad because she didn’t have a baby, and she wanted to be a mom so much! Hannah was sad all day and all night. She was so sad that she cried. But Hannah prayed and talked to God. God loved Hannah, even when she was sad, and do you know what? Hannah felt much better after she talked to God. Sometimes we feel sad too, so sad we even cry. And it’s okay to feel sad. God loves you when you’re sad. We can always talk to God because He loves us no matter what.Who loves you no matter what? [Bottom Line] God loves me no matter what.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! God made the sun. God made the stars. God made the animals. And God made...YOU!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"3 Conversations Every Parent Is Scared Of” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.