During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
SEPTEMBER 27 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.” –Jeremiah 29:11, NLT
Bottom Line: God has a plan for me.
This week:Joseph's brothers come to him because they need food, and Joseph forgives them. Genesis 42-45
Core Insight: IMAGE
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Encourage child to match the scoops’ stories to the cones’ stories as you review.
- SAY: “Look, there are four ice cream cones on your paper. (Pause.) Each of the cones has a picture on them. What do you see on the first cone? (Pause.) It’s Joseph and his colorful coat! That’s the first thing we learned about Joseph. What do you see on the second cone? (Pause.) This cone has Joseph in Jail. Even though he didn’t do anything wrong, he followed God’s plan and helped everyone while he was there. What about the third cone? (Pause.) It shows Joseph saving up the grain. And the last cone? (Pause.) It has Joseph happy with his eleven brothers. This is when Joseph forgave his brothers and shared food with them. But these ice cream cones are missing something. What’s missing? (Pause.) The ice cream! Look at the ice cream scoops! They have pictures on them, too. Their pictures are the same as the pictures on the cones. Glue the ice cream scoop on top of the cone that matches. (Pause.) Awesome job! Joseph always trusted in God’s plan. No matter how hard it was, Joseph knew that God loved him, that God was always with him, and that he could trust God’s plan. We know that God loves us, He is always with us, and He has a plan for us, too. God’s plan is the best plan. Who has a plan for you? [Bottom Line] God has a plan for me.”
- Bath Time
- Add plastic water and land animals to bath time. Talk about God's plan for each animal. Some were made to swim in water (bath water) and others were made to walk on land (side of tub). Tell your child to sort the animals by water and land. Talk about how God loves people the best, and He has a plan for us too!
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"A Faith of Their Own" by Autumn Ward
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.