Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 11th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart." Proverbs 3:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God loves me no matter what.
This week: Gideon is so afraid that he hides in a hole to do his work, and God sends an angel to talk to him. Judges 6:2-4, 11-12
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, markers, jumbo craft stick, glue stick, scissors, and a cup
- DO: Give your child a Gideon cutout and a craft stick. Have them color their Gideon and then assist them in gluing Gideon to the end of their craft stick. Next, give each child a cup. Once everyone has their Gideon and cup ready, lead the children in reviewing the Bible story.
- SAY: “Our Bible story was about a man named Gideon. (Hold up Gideon on a stick.) I have a Gideon for you to color and glue on a stick, like mine. (Assist your child in gluing their Gideon.) Gideon hid in a hole because he was afraid. Let’s pretend this cup is the hole. (Give each child a cup. Now hold your Gideon, like this. (Hold up Gideon in one hand.) Hold your cup in your other hand, like this. (Hold up the cup in the other hand.) Let’s tell the story together!”
“Gideon hid in a hole because he was afraid. (Put Gideon in the cup.) God loved Gideon and sent an angel to tell him, ‘The Lord is with you!’ (Take Gideon out of the cup.) Let’s do that again! This time, you have to say the angel’s words to make Gideon come out of the hole.“
“Gideon hid in a hole because he was afraid. (Put Gideon in the cup.) Now say the angel’s words to make Gideon come out. ‘The Lord is with you!’” (Take Gideon out of the cup. Repeat this with the children several times encouraging them to say, “The Lord is with you” to make Gideon come out of the hole.)”
“God loved Gideon and was with him when he was afraid. God loved Gideon no matter what! And God loves you no matter what, too. That’s why when I ask, ‘Who loves you no matter what?’, I want you to say, [Bottom Line] ‘God loves me no matter what!’ Who loves you no matter what? [Bottom Line] God loves me no matter what! Yay! [Bottom Line] God loves me no matter what!”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, I'm so thankful we can always talk to You when we feel afraid. Please help us remember how much You love us and that You are always with us.""
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"3 Conversations Every Parent Is Scared Of” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.