Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 6TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God saw everything he had made. And it was very good." Genesis 1:31, NIrV
Bottom Line: God made everything.
This week: God creates light and dark on day one and the sky above the water on day two.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Preschool doctor kits and several plush friends.
- DO: Before the Activity: Six cup muffin tin and blue and white pom poms. During the Activity: Show the child both pom poms. Tell them the blue is for water and the white is for sky. Ask the children to put one sky and one water in each spot. Empty the tins and this time, put two sky in each spot. Keep going with different combinations. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll find out who made the sky and water.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! Find a seat at the table. There are blue and white pom poms. We’re going to do an activity with them.” During the Activity: “Let’s say these white pom poms are the sky and the blue pom poms are the water. Can you put one sky and one water pom pom in each of the spots in your muffin tin? (Pause.) Do you have one white and one blue in each spot? (Pause.) Great! Okay, take all the pom poms out. (Pause.) Now put two sky pom poms in each spot. (Pause.) Take all those pom poms out. (Pause.) This time, put three water and three sky pom poms in each spot. (Pause.) Wow! Great job! (Repeat with different combinations as long as desired.) Help me put all the pom poms in the tins.”
After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear a story about who made the sky and the water.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! The sky God made is bright with light! That means it's time for us to wake up!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “How to Influence Your Kid At Every Phase”( by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.