Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 21st PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me wonderful
This week: God made all people in His image to think, create and help. Acts 17:24; Psalm 46:1, Proverbs 2:6
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, stickers, crayons & markers
- DO: Encourage your child to decorate their card. Write “From [child’s name]” on the inside of their card.
- SAY: “It’s fun to get a special card. It makes your heart happy. Decorate your card with crayons and stickers to make it extra special. (Pause.) Good job! On the front of your card, it says, ‘Have a great day!’ That will help cheer someone up if they are sad. Open the card and draw a picture on the inside. (Pause.) Let’s write your name so they know it’s from you. (Help children sign their cards.) When you are done, we can mail it to someone special, and I bet it will make them so happy. God made each of us to be like Him. God made us to be creative and help. We can help by making cards like we did today. God made us to be like Him—to think, create, and help! God made us all wonderful. Who made you wonderful? [Bottom Line] God made me wonderful.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, look for people who are helping in some way. Talk about how God makes all people in His image and how God helps people. He created people to be helpers just like Him.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"12 Affirmations To Speak Over Your Kids” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.