Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 20TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God saw everything he had made. And it was very good." Genesis 1:31, NIrV
Bottom Line: God made everything.
This week: God creates all of the sea animals and birds on day five.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: No supplies needed
- Before the Activity: Gather the child in an open area of the room.
- During the Activity: Invite the child to swim like sea animals and fly like birds. Call out different sea animals and birds and let the child imitate any way they like.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! Join me over here. Let’s play a game and see if we can swim and fly like sea animals and birds.”
- During the Activity: “Let’s swim like goldfish! They are small and wiggle when they swim. (Pause.) Great job! Swim like jellyfish! Let your body go loose like a bowl of jelly and bob up and down. (Pause.) What about a dolphin? Dolphins jump through the water. Let’s swim like dolphins! (Pause.) You are all amazing sea animals! “Now let’s try flying like birds. First, let’s fly like an eagle. Hold your wings out super wide and glide. (Pause.) Awesome! Fly like a hummingbird. Hummingbirds are tiny and flap their wings super fast. (Pause.) Blue jays like to dive when they fly. Let’s fly like a blue jay. (Pause.) What great flying birds you are! Can you fly like an owl and pretend to be Ollie? Perfect! Let’s fly like a flamingo. Wait! Flamingos don’t fly! They stand on one foot. Let’s be flamingos. Way to go! (Continue as desired with different sea animals and birds.) You did such a great job of swimming like sea animals and flying like birds!”
- After the Activity: “I can’t wait to hear our Bible story that will tell us all about how God made these amazing sea animals and birds!”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, take turns naming sea animals. How many sea animals can you name? Talk about which ones are your favorite.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “How to Influence Your Kid At Every Phase”( by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.