Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 2 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” –Psalm 139:14, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me.
This week: God made all people in His image. Genesis 1:26; Psalm 46:1; Proverbs 2:6
Core Insight: IMAGE
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors and crayons
- DO: Copy the Activity Page and cut out the small circle on the camera. Encourage your child to decorate their camera then pretend to take pictures of others in the room.
- SAY:“Look around the room. Who do you see? (Pause.) Yes! Who made all those people? (Pause.) God did. God made each of us special! What do you think this is? (Hold up one of the camera cutouts.) It’s a camera! This camera says, ‘God made me!’ Use the markers/crayons to decorate your camera. (Pause.) This looks amazing. Hold your camera up to your face and pretend to take a picture. (Demonstrate.) Click. Pretend to take a picture of all the people in the room. Click. Click. Click. Now, turn it around and take a selfie. (Demonstrate.) Click. God made you and all the people in this room. God made everyone all over the world. In today’s Bible story, we learned that God is the maker of ALL people. God made everyone to be like Him! But, no two people are the same. Some people are girls and some are boys. Some have red hair and some have black, blond, or brown hair. God made us all in the most wonderful way! God made us to learn, create, and help. God is amazing, and He made us to be like Him!Who made you? [Bottom Line] God made me.”
- Morning Time
- Add plastic building blocks to bath time this month. Encourage your child to build whatever they like. Say, "Jesus went away to build a special place so everyone who believes in Him can live with Him forever. This special place is called Heaven."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "EVERY KID IS THE SAME" by Reggie Joiner
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.