Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
8.14.22- WONDERFULLY MADE
AUGUST 14th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me wonderful
This week: All people are wonderfully made by God. Psalm 139:14; Genesis 1:26
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages and markers
- DO: Encourage children to fill in each paint splotch with a different color of dot marker.
- SAY: “Do you know what this is called? (Point to the paint palette on the paper.) It’s called a paint palette. An artist will put different colors of paint on it before they start a piece of art. On your paint palette, in each of the paint spots, is a word to our memory verse. (Point to each word on the palette as you say it.) ‘I am fearfully and wonderfully made,’ Psalm 139:14. Fill in each spot with a different color of dot marker so your paper is super colorful. (Pause.) Well done! Let’s say our memory verse together. (Pause after each phrase and repeat with the children.) ‘I am (thumbs to chest) fearfully (right hand up high) and wonderfully (left hand up high) made,’ (clap hands together) Psalm 139:14. (Open hands like a book.) One more time. ‘I am (thumbs to chest) fearfully (right hand up high) and wonderfully (left hand up high) made,’ (clap hands together) Psalm 139:14. (Open hands like a book.) Super job friends! You are all wonderfully made by God! Who made you wonderful? [Bottom Line] God made me wonderful!”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, when I look at [name of child], I am reminded of Your power and goodness. You made this tiny human and chose me to be their [title]. Thank You, Lord. Thank You."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"12 Affirmations To Speak Over Your Kids” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights