Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JULY 9TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us." Ephesians 5:2, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Paul and Silas sing and praise Jesus in jail and the guard becomes a follower of Jesus too!
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Sheet pans and foam blocks
- DO: Before the Activity: : Gather with child around the table. During the Activity:Encourage the child to build a tower with blocks on the sheet pan. Once one tower is built, say, “Oh, no! There’s an earthquake!” Then shake the sheet pan to make the tower topple over. Encourage the child to build a new tower and repeat. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll hear a story about an earthquake that happened in the Bible.
- Say: Before the Activity: ““Friend, come find a spot around the table.” During the Activity: “I want us to work together to build a tower on these pans. (Pause.) Wow, you built a great tower! (Start shaking the pans.) Oh, no! There’s an earthquake! An earthquake happens when the whole ground shakes. Let’s rebuild the tower. (Repeat as desired.) That was crazy to watch the ground shake and make the tower topple over.”
After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear what happened with an earthquake in our Bible story.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, sometimes we don't feel happy. Sometimes we feel like whining and crying. But we're learning that when Jesus is our friend forever, Jesus gives us the power to choose joy no matter what. Help [name of child] and me remember that Jesus is with us and will help us choose joy."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.