Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JULY 31ST PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.'" John 14:6, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus can help me do everything.
This week: When we believe Jesus is God's Son and follow Him, we can choose self-control and do what is right. John 3:16
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, scissors & glue
- DO: Repeat the memory verse together with the motions. Point out the verse on the page and “read” it with the children as you point to the words. Show them the blanks and the words at the bottom of the page. Encourage them to cut out the three words at the bottom of the page and then glue the words in the blanks.
- SAY: “On the page in front of you are the words of our verse. But some of the words are missing! Do you see the three blanks on the page? There are three words at the bottom that go in those blanks. Remember, our verse says, ‘Jesus answered, “I am the way (point to the blank then the word at the bottom), the truth (point to the blank then the word at the bottom), and the life,”’ (point to the blank then the word at the bottom), John 14:6. Cut out each word at the bottom of the page then glue them into the blanks. You did a great job, friends! Jesus IS the way, the truth, and the life. He will help us because He is the best friend ever. Who can help you do everything? [Bottom Line] Jesus can help me do everything.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! I see someone who can choose self-control because Jesus can help them do everything. (short pause) It's YOU! (gently tickle your child) Jesus can help YOU do everything!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Foster a Strong Sibling Relationship” by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.