Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JULY 2ND PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us." Ephesians 5:2, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: God sent His Son, Jesus, as a gift to everyone in the world.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Red or pink posterboard, marker, and scissors
- DO: Before the Activity: Draw a large heart on the poster board and cut out. Then cut the large heart into four large puzzle pieces. During the Activity: Set the puzzle pieces on the floor of your activity area and encourage the child to complete the puzzle. Celebrate with them when they finish. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll hear a story about God’s special gift for us.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Friend, look at these big puzzle pieces! Let’s help each other put it together. I wonder what the shape will be.” During the Activity: “Great job of helping put the puzzle together. What did the puzzle make? That’s right! It’s a heart. Hearts remind me of love. Let’s mix the pieces up and see how fast we can put the puzzle together this time. (Repeat as desired.) That was fun! I like working on puzzles with my friends.”
After the Activity: “God loves us SO much that He gave us a special gift we’ll hear about in our Bible story today.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! God gave us the best gift ever, and His name is Jesus."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.