Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
7.17.22- DAVID & JONATHAN
JULY 17th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.'" John 14:6, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus can help me do everything.
This week: King David is faithful and does what he said he would do when he helps Jonathan's son, Mephibosheth. 1 Samuel 20; 2 Samuel 9:1-7
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, scissors & glue
- DO: Review the Bible story and allow the children to color their picture. Have the children cut out “Mephibosheth” and “Food” to glue at the table with King David.
- SAY: “This is a picture of King David. (Hold up an Activity Page.) King David told Jonathan that they would always be good friends. King David sent his workers to look for Jonathan’s family so he could be a good friend to them, too. The king’s workers found Jonathan’s son, Mephibosheth! (Give each child a “Mephibosheth” cut out to put at the table with King David.) King David took care of Mephibosheth. He gave him his family’s land back and let him eat at the king’s table. Let’s put food on the table for King David and Mephibosheth to eat.” (Give the children “Food” stickers to put on their table.) King David chose faithfulness. He did what he said he would do. When Jesus is our friend forever, He can help us choose faithfulness, too! Jesus can help us do everything! Who can help you do everything? [Bottom Line] Jesus can help me do everything. Yay! [Bottom Line] Jesus can help me do everything!”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, tell your child that faithfulness is doing what you say you will do. Jesus is a faithful friend because He always does what He says He will do.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Foster a Strong Sibling Relationship” by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights