Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JULY 16TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us." Ephesians 5:2, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Paul is shipwrecked and still chooses to love everyone like Jesus.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: No supplies needed
- DO: Before the Activity: Gather the child in an open area of the room with you. During the Activity:Encourage the child to do the following movements which can be hard for preschoolers: stand on one foot, pat tummy and head at the same time, close eyes and touch toes, and run in place for one minute. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll hear a Bible story about someone who had to do something hard.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Friend, join me over here.” During the Activity: “Today, we’ll do some movements that are hard. It’s okay if you can’t do them all, but let’s give it a try! The first hard thing that we can do is stand on one foot like this. (Demonstrate.) Try to keep your balance! Wow, this is hard! Next, let’s try to pat our tummies and the top of our heads at the same time! (Continue with the different movements.) You are great at doing hard things!”
After the Activity: “Sometimes, we have to do hard things. Today, we’ll hear a Bible story about someone who had to do something hard.”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, look for different kinds of transportation (buses, motorcycles, trucks, airplanes, taxi cabs, bicycles, etc.). Pick one, and every time you see it, say: "I can love like Jesus anywhere," because Paul loved like Jesus on a ship.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.