Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JUNE 18th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Jesus said, ‘Come follow me.’” Matthew 4:19, NCV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Jesus teaches Peter to love everyone, so Peter tells Cornelius about Jesus. Then Cornelius brings more people to hear about Jesus too.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Cardstock in three different colors, scissors, and painter’s tape
- DO: Before the Activity: Cut 12 large hearts from the cardstock, four of each color. Lay out the heart cutouts. During the Activity: Ask the child to stand around the outside of the heart grid. Call on the Child to place a hand or foot on a certain color heart. Repeat until the child has at least one hand or foot on the board. Then ask the child to step off the grid and play again if time allows. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll hear a story about how Jesus loves everyone.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Friend, gather here with me! Do you see these hearts? I have a game for us to play with them. Let's play!” During the Activity: "[Child’s name], place a hand on a [color] heart. (Pause.) Good job! Now, [child’s name], put your foot on a [color] heart. Do you have a foot and hand on the game board? (Pause.) Awesome! That was so fun! Let’s play again! (Repeat as desired.) Great job, friend.”
After the Activity: “These hearts make me think about how Jesus loves everyone! In our Bible story today, we’ll hear about a friend of Jesus named Peter.”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, talk about ways we can love everyone the way Jesus loves everyone. We can say kind words, share what we have, help people, pray for people—all of these are ways we can love like Jesus.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:“Making the Most of Bedtime in the Preschool Phase” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.