Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JUNE 11th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Jesus said, ‘Come follow me.’” Matthew 4:19, NCV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Jesus sends Ananias to help Paul regain his sight.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Red, yellow, green, and blue construction paper; scissors; and painter’s tape
- DO: Before the Activity: Cut out one large heart from each color of construction paper. Tape to different walls or places in the activity area at preschooler height. During the Activity: Instruct the child to stand in the middle of the activity area. Call out a color and encourage the child to run to that color. Call out another color and have child run there. Continue with each color and repeat as desired. After the Activity: Talk about how in our story, we’ll hear about Jesus sending someone to help.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Friend, come stand with me. Look around the room. There is a red heart (point to the red heart), a yellow heart (point to the yellow heart), a green heart (point to the green heart), and a blue heart (point to the blue heart). Let’s play a game.” During the Activity: "I’ll send you to a different heart by calling out the color. When you hear the color, then you may run to that heart. Ready, set move! Yellow heart! (Pause.) Great job! Ready, set move! Green heart! (Continue with each color and repeat as desired.) Awesome work! You all went exactly where I sent you!”
After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear a Bible story about how Jesus sent someone to help Paul!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, thank You for all of the people you send to help us, like (name people who help you and your child)."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:“Making the Most of Bedtime in the Preschool Phase” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.