Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
5.7.23 - GOOD SAMARITAN
MAY 7th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“We have the Lord our God to help us.” 2 Chronicles 32:8, NLT
Bottom Line: God made me to help others.
This week: Jesus tells a story about a Samaritan who helps a hurt man on the side of the road.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, 11” x 17” and any adhesive bandages
- DO: Before the Activity: Tape activity page to the wall at preschooler height. During the Activity: Give each child a bandage. Encourage children to go, one at a time, and place their adhesive bandage on the man. After the Activity: Talk about how today’s Bible story is a story Jesus told about a man who helped a hurt man feel better.
- Say:Before the Activity: “Hey, friend! Join me over here. I need your help today.” During the Activity: “Do you see the man on our wall? (Point.) This man has lots of boo-boos, and we’re going to help him! What is something you can put on a boo-boo to make it better? (Pause.) That’s right, a bandage! I have some super-cool bandages. Hooray! Let’s be good helpers and help the man. [Child’s name], here is your bandage. Will you please go help the man and put it on him? (Pause.) Great job! Thank you for helping the man by making him feel better.” After the Activity: “Did you know that God made us to help? He did! Today, we’ll hear a story about someone who helped a man who was hurt.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! I see someone God made to help others. It's...YOU!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:“Let Your Kids See Your Faith” by Tim Walker
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights