Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
5.14.23 - THE FOUR FRIENDS
MAY 14th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“We have the Lord our God to help us.” 2 Chronicles 32:8, NLT
Bottom Line: God made me to help others.
This week: Four friends help carry a man to see Jesus because he cannot walk.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED:Foam or cardboard blocks and painter’s tape
- DO: Before the Activity: Tape a simple house shape with a distinct roof and door on the floor. Make sure to have enough blocks to make the house and adjust your outline to fit. During the Activity: Encourage the child to line the tape with the blocks to build the house, making sure to line the door and roof as well. Have the child help you identify where the roof and the door are. If desired, have the child stand in the house to see how crowded it becomes with everyone inside. After the Activity: Talk about how we’ll hear a story about some friends who went to see Jesus but the house He was in was full of people.
- Say: Before the Activity: Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! Come on over. I have a job for us to do! During the Activity: “What is this outline on the floor? (Pause.) That’s right! It’s a house! Can you help me build the house with these blocks? (Pause.) Great! Let’s follow the tape line and lay the blocks along it. (Pause.) Great job! What is this part of the house called? (Point to the roof.) This is the roof of the house. What is this part of the house called? (Point to the door.) This is the door to the house. You go in and come out through the door. Wow! What a great builder you are! Thank you so much for helping me today.” After the Activity: “Let’s see if we can all fit inside the house. (Pause.) It’s really full and cramped with us inside, isn’t it? Today is our story, we’ll hear about some friends who went to see Jesus but the house He was in was so full of people you couldn’t get through the door! I wonder if they got to see Jesus. Let’s find out in our story today!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, thank You for our friends...[name some friends]. Thank You for how they help us and for how we can help them."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:“Let Your Kids See Your Faith” by Tim Walker
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights