Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
MAY 21st PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“We have the Lord our God to help us.” 2 Chronicles 32:8, NLT
Bottom Line: God made me to help others.
This week: Tabitha helps others by making clothes, and Timothy helps others by teaching people about God and showing them how to love like Jesus.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: No supplies needed
- DO: Before the Activity: : Ask the child to stand in front of you. During the Activity: Ask the child to do several different movements by saying “Show me that you can [action].” The movements are hopping on one foot, running in place, smiling, giving a hug, touching toes, and star jumping. After the Activity: Talk about how today’s Bible story has a young man who showed others how to love like Jesus.
- Say: Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! Come over here. Today, I want you to show me what you can do. I will call out a movement, and you can show me what you can do!” During the Activity: “Show me you can hop on one foot! (Pause.) That is fantastic! Show me you can run in place. (Pause.) Awesome! Show me you can smile. (Pause) Bee-u-t-i-ful! Show me you can touch your toes! (Pause.) Nice! (Continue with different simple actions.) WOW! Great job!” After the Activity: “Thank you for showing me all that you can do! Today in our Bible story, we’ll hear about a young man named Timothy who showed others how to love like Jesus.”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, name helper qualities you see in your child (kindness, strength, generosity, etc.) and how they can use them to help others (encourage a sad person, carry something for someone, share with a person who has a need, etc.).
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:“Let Your Kids See Your Faith” by Tim Walker
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.