During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
APRIL 3RD PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I am with you always.” Matthew 28:20, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Jesus walks on water and saves Peter when he begins to sink. Matthew 14:22-33
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, craft stick, glue, and crayons
- DO: Give each child a “Disciples in Boat” page to color. When they are done, give them a “Walking Jesus” cutout. Instruct them to color their Jesus cutout then glue it to the end of a craft stick. Next, show the children how to push their “Walking Jesus” through the pre-cut slit from the back of the page. Then show them how to hold the craft stick and make Jesus “walk” by sliding the cutout back and forth.
- SAY: “This is a picture of Jesus’ friends, the disciples. (Give each child a “Disciples in Boat” page.) You can color it. Do you remember who the disciples saw walking on the water when they were in the boat? (Pause.) Yes! They saw Jesus walking on water! (Give each child a “Walking Jesus” cutout and a craft stick.) This is a picture of Jesus. After you color it, I’ll help you glue it to a craft stick. Then we’ll do something really fun with it! (Show the children how to push their “Walking Jesus” through the slit on the back of their page.) Now you can move your Jesus picture so it looks like He is walking on water. Can anyone walk on water? (Pause.) No way. Only Jesus can walk on water! And only Jesus can always be with us, like He was with Peter when He helped Peter get back in the boat after he sank in the water. Our friend, Jesus, was always with Peter, and He is always with us, too. Jesus is the best friend we will ever have, and He wants to be our friend forever! Who wants to be your friend forever? [Bottom Line] Jesus wants to be my friend forever. Yay! [Bottom Line] Jesus wants to be my friend forever!”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! Who is always with [child's name]? Jesus is always with [child's name]!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If I’m Not “Enjoying Every Moment?” by Joanna Easley
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.