Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
APRIL 23rd PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“I am alive for ever and ever!” Revelation 1:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus is alive.
This week: Followers of Jesus commit themselves to do everything Jesus taught them to do.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors
- DO: Place cards into a deck. Have the child choose a card, identify the animal pictured, and show the card. Count to three and say, “Go.” Encourage the child to move like that animal. Continue until all the animals have been acted out.
- Say: “Come stand with me. I have some cards for us to play a game with. The cards have different animals on them. We’ll move like the animal on that card.” “[Child’s name], pick a card and show it to me. (Pause.) What animal is on the card you picked? (Pause.) That’s right! It’s a/an [animal’s name]! When I say, ‘GO,’ we’ll [animal’s movement] like a/an [animal’s name]. Ready? One (Hold up one finger.), two (Hold up two fingers.), three (Hold up three fingers.), GO! [Animal’s movement] like a/an [animal’s name]! Great job! Freeze. [Child’s name], come pick another card. (Continue until out of animals.) That was so much fun!” After the Activity: “In today’s story, Jesus gives His friends a special message to GO and TELL everyone, everywhere. I wonder what the special message is!”
- BATH TIME
- Add some toy food, plastic bowls, spoons, and a spatula to bath time. Encourage your child to pretend they are cooking breakfast. While they play, talk about how Jesus cooked fish and bread for breakfast for His friends, the disciples.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"The Secret Ingredient For Having a Close Relationship With Your Kid" by Ted Lowe
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.