Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
APRIL 2ND PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“I am alive for ever and ever!” Revelation 1:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus is alive.
This week: People lay palm branches and coats on the road and shout, "Hosanna," when Jesus rides into town. Matthew 21:1-11, 15-16
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons; glue sticks; scissors;
- DO: Encourage children to color their pictures. Show children where to glue their picture of Jesus riding the donkey. Fold their paper to make it pop up.
- Say: "You have two pictures: a big picture of the people beside the special path of coats and palm branches and a smaller picture of Jesus riding a donkey. Color both pictures. (Pause.) These look great, but I have something to make your picture really neat. Rub some glue on this part. (Point to the area marked ‘Glue here.’) Put the picture of Jesus here. (Help children line up their pictures.) Now for the neat part. (Fold their paper so Jesus on the donkey pops ups.) Wow! So neat! In our Bible story, we heard how Jesus was coming to the town of Jerusalem and everyone was so excited! They took off their coats and laid them on the ground with palm branches so Jesus would have a special path. Some people held palm branches and waved them in the air. They were all ready to celebrate. Jesus was riding a donkey on the path. When the people saw Him, they waved their branches and said, ‘Hosanna! Hosanna! YAY, JESUS!’ The people were so excited to celebrate Jesus because Jesus is so special! We can celebrate Jesus, too, because Jesus is so special and Jesus is alive! Who is alive? [Bottom Line] Jesus is alive.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Let's start the day by celebrating Jesus. Hosanna! Hosanna! Yay, Jesus!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"The Secret Ingredient For Having a Close Relationship With Your Kid" by Ted Lowe
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.