During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
MARCH 6TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"'Come and follow me,' Jesus said." Matthew 4:19, NIrV
Bottom Line: Everyone can be friends with Jesus.
This week: Jesus walks up to fishermen, Andrew, Peter, James and John, and says, "Follow me," and they do. Matthew 4:18-22: Luke 5:1-11
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons or markers, and a pen
- DO: Encourage children to decorate their shoes.
- SAY: “Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? (Pause.) What do your favorite shoes look like? (Pause.) Do they help you run fast or do a dance? (Pause.) That’s really cool. There are all kinds of different shoes we can wear to help protect our feet. Look at these cool shoes on your paper. (Pause.) Use the markers, stickers, stamps, and crayons to decorate them. (Pause.) Wow, these are all super cool shoes. Look! Everyone’s shoes are different, just like you! What could you do in these shoes? (Pause.) You can do all kinds of cool things in these shoes. And, no matter what kind of shoes you wear, you can be friends with Jesus. In our Bible story, we heard about some men named Peter, Andrew, James, and John. They were fishermen. One day, they were out fishing when Jesus walked by and said, ‘Come follow me!’ Jesus, God’s Son, wanted them to follow Him. These four fishermen became Jesus’ really good friends called the disciples. Jesus wants to be friends with you, too! Jesus wants to be friends with everyone! Who can be friends with Jesus? [Bottom Line] Everyone can be friends with Jesus.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! Is there anyone in this room who can be friends with Jesus? Yes! Everyone can be friends with Jesus!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Five Boundaries to Put in Place for Your Kids’ New Technology" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.